A DOS Prompt replacement.
There is a Shareware Version that you can download for free. You can download it with or without an installer. If you aren't sure which to choose, the installer is recommended.
LazyConsole Shareware with installer
LazyConsole Shareware without installer
Click here for a secure order form.
This is basically a replacement for the normal DOS Prompt in Windows. Note, however, that this is not trying to mimic something from Unix/Linux/whatever. I've designed my own command-line interface. Its main purpose is to allow you to do most of the same stuff that you can normally do in DOS, but without typing as much. I originally made it because I was sick of having to put quotes around anything with spaces (I was using Win98 at the time).
These ten commands are not in the shareware version:
- There are no screenshots, because they are pointless. LazyConsole doesn't look very much different from a normal DOS window. The difference is in how it works, and the features it offers.
- When you purchase this program, you will get a single use license. You will be allowed to either put it on one computer so anybody can use it, or put it on more than one of your computers so only you can use it. But not both.
- The price is only $20, so there isn't much to loose. If you still aren't sure, check out the shareware version.
- Because it was made using the .NET Framework, this program does not work on Windows 95. Also, it hasn't been tested on Win9X/ME, but it is believed to work ok on those versions of Windows. If you have any problems, do not hesitate to contact me. LazyConsole was extensively tested on WinNT/2K/XP.
These two options are also not in the shareware version:
In addition to the commands and options listed above, the full version is better able to navigate network shares. It is able to go to a network path such as "\\servername", which would allow you to use the DIR command to list the shares. The shareware version may only navigate to paths such as "\\servername\sharename" and any paths below them.
This link will open in a new window:
An introduction to LazyConsole
These planned updates are improvements to LazyConsole that are planned for the future. Anyone who purchases the current version will get a free upgrade when a new version is released that contains one of these improvements:
Version 1.0 (Released October 30, 2003)
- The ability to set the ComSpec environment variable to make LazyConsole the default command prompt.