Version 1.2 - Released December 19, 2000
This program enables you to lock your computer so no one can do anything to it (except hit the power button) while you're away.
Version 1.2 (Released December 19, 2000)
- DON'T forget your Password!! It's stored in the registry, and it's encrypted. There is no way of changing it unless you already know the password. If you can find out where in the registry it is, you can delete the value. Then there will be no password.
- I may post instructions on how to remove the password soon. For now, if you forget it, send me an email and I'll tell you where in the registry you can find the value to delete.
- Starting with Version 1.1, other windows can't pop up and gain focus while your computer is locked. This is something that usually can happen on other lockout programs and used to happen on version 1.0 of this one.
- This program is totally useless for Windows NT/2000 users. It doesn't work so well under that form of windows, and Windows NT/2000 already comes with this capability.
Version 1.1 (Released November 19, 1999)
- Changed the layout to make it more user friendly
- Some other small changes
Version 1.0 (Released June 11, 1999)
- Other windows (such as ICQ) can no longer pop up in front of LockIt while the computer is locked